Semi trucks are designed to deliver reliable performance for many years, but it’s important to keep an eye out for signs that your truck is having mechanical problems. One of the most common problems with semi trucks in Ocala, FL is transmission trouble. The longer transmission problems are left unaddressed, the more likely they are to get worse and affect other aspects of semi truck performance. With that in mind, it’s important to pay close attention to signs that your semi may have transmission trouble.
There are a lot of different things that can cause transmission problems, so it’s helpful to understand more about some of the most common signs of transmission issues. Here are some of the problems that require semi truck transmission repair in Ocala, FL:
- Unusual noises: One of the most common signs of transmission trouble is an increase in unusual noises. Noises produced by faulty transmissions include humming, whining or clunking. If you notice any of these noises, bring your semi into a shop that offers semi truck maintenance and repair.
- Difficulty shifting gears: Another common sign of transmission trouble in Ocala, FL is difficulty shifting gears. If your transmission is not shifting into the right gear or it takes a long time to shift gears, it’s very likely that a transmission issue is to blame.
- Vibrating: If your vehicle starts to shake or vibrate before it shifts into a higher gear, it’s likely that the clutch needs to be recalibrated or replaced. When a transmission is working the way it normally should, transitions between gears should be smooth and reliable. If you notice this issue while driving, make an appointment to have your transmission inspected right away.
- Odd smells: One of the less common signs of transmission problems is the presence of odd smells. These strange odors come from burning transmission fluid. As transmission fluid gets older, it starts to break down and overheat. Not only is this burning smell unpleasant, it’s also a sign that your transmission system isn’t properly lubricated by transmission fluid. Because of how serious this problem can be, it’s important to bring your vehicle in for transmission repair in Ocala, FL as soon as possible.
- Gear slipping: If your gears slip while driving without any manual shifts or speed changes, it’s likely that your semi is having some transmission trouble in Ocala, FL. This problem can be caused by low fluid levels or other transmission problems. A mechanic can inspect the transmission system to find out the source of the issue.
Schedule semi truck transmission repair in Ocala, FL
At J & M Trailer Repair, we know how important it is to proactively handle transmission trouble in Ocala, FL, and we are here to provide the professional transmission repair services our customers need. If you’re concerned about transmission trouble, our team will provide you with the inspection and diagnostic services you need to get your vehicle up and running again. Find out more about our services and get started with a diagnostic appointment by giving us a call or stopping by our shop today.