Commercial truck driving takes special skills, especially in comparison to driving most other types of vehicles on the road. Semi-truck driving has its own set of challenges—for example, handling them is more difficult, and breakdowns and flat tires are more complicated to deal with. Luckily, there are reputable mobile semi-truck repair companies that offer roadside assistance to commercial truck drivers. They come to your location, bringing with them everything they need to fix the problem to get you back on track as quickly as possible.
Here are some of the qualities you want in a company offering commercial truck roadside service in Ocala, FL.
Reasons you might need roadside assistance
Calling a company for semi-truck roadside assistance is the easy part. But before choosing a provider to work with, it’s important to know the most likely reasons you might have to stop on the side of the road. The following are the most common situations that call for roadside assistance:
- Vehicle lockout: Sure, you can call an auto locksmith to come help when you lock your keys inside your truck or they break. But many commercial vehicle roadside assistance companies do this, too!
- Flat tire: Changing a flat tire is more difficult on a semi than on a compact car. It can be extremely dangerous without the right equipment.
- Empty tank: If you run out of gas, roadside assistance can head your way and deliver emergency fuel.
- Need a tow or jump: A truck roadside service can jumpstart a dead truck battery, or transport your rig to another location.
Top three traits to look for in a company
There are certain qualities you should look for to choose the best roadside service company for you. Below are three:
- Prompt service: It’s the responsibility of the commercial truck driver to get their trailer cargo from point A to point B safely and on time. Therefore, time means money. Every minute you’re delayed broken down on the side of the road may lead to loss in profits—especially if you’re hauling a perishable delivery. When choosing a semi-truck roadside company, triple check that they offer 24/7 emergency services.
- Tools and equipment: Hire a company that equips its roadside mechanics with the right tools and equipment necessary to fix all kinds of truck problems. This may include mobile diagnostic equipment, compressors, generators, jacks or lifts and proper tie-downs. If major repairs are needed, then the mechanic will hopefully have arrived at your location in a tow truck capable of moving commercial vehicles.
- Experienced and trained: Big rig trucks are very different from daily drivers. Semis have big diesel engines and exhaust systems, air brakes and complex transmissions. Mechanics working for semi-truck and trailer repair companies should have the proper skills, training and experience to work on such vehicles. Check for certification and make sure they service your specific vehicle make and model.
When you find yourself in need of commercial truck roadside service in Ocala, FL, know that J & M Trailer Repair will be there to help. Call us today for more information!
Categorised in: Roadside Assistance
This post was written by writer