With summer right around the corner, temperatures outside are getting hotter and hotter. If you are spending a lot of time on the road, you need to be able to depend on your air conditioner to keep you cool and comfortable, no matter how hot it gets outside. Before summer is in full swing, it’s a good idea to inspect your truck’s air conditioner to ensure that it is performing effectively and efficiently. Read on to find out more about a few of the biggest signs that you need semi truck air conditioner repair in Ocala, FL:
- Hot air blowing: If hot air comes out of your truck’s air conditioning system when it’s running, it’s a sign that there are serious problems with your HVAC system. There are several issues that can cause this problem, including low refrigerant levels, broken fans and clogged vents. Regardless of what the specific cause of the issue may be, you should bring your truck in for semi truck air conditioner repair in Ocala, FL.
- Leaks and water stains: If you see signs of leaks, including water stains, inside the cabin of your truck, it’s a sign that there’s something wrong with the operation of your air conditioner. When your air conditioner is not operating properly, it can cause excessive condensation that leaks into your cabin. There might also be a problem with your AC system hosing, like worn connections or cracking, that is causing water to leak into your truck.
- Strange noises: All vehicle air conditioning systems produce some level of noise when they’re in operation, but noises like banging or rattling are a sign of an issue with your truck’s AC. These noises can indicate that there is a broken part in your AC system or that there is some debris obstructing your AC vents.
- Bad smells: If you smell something bad when you turn on your air conditioning, it’s likely that there is some mold growing in your system. Mold growth doesn’t just produce an unpleasant smell in your truck—it can also contribute to a lot of health issues and it may aggravate respiratory problems. When you smell bad air coming from your AC system, make sure to bring it to a mechanic for semi truck air conditioner repair in Ocala, FL right away to minimize the risk of exposure.
- Low air pressure: If cool air is coming out of your AC vents, but the air pressure is very low, you’re probably dealing with some kind of leak or obstruction in your system. Oftentimes, this issue can be resolved by cleaning your filters and replacing AC lines, but there are some cases in which you will need more extensive AC repair.
Learn more about semi truck air conditioner repair in Ocala, FL
If you need semi truck air conditioner repair in Ocala, FL, reach out to the team at J & M Trailer Repair. We are a local business specializing in semi-truck and trailer repair. We offer everything from basic tune-ups to more extensive repair projects. Regardless of which specific issues you are dealing with, our team has the training, knowledge and expertise necessary to assist you. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment or to find out more about our services.