While semi trucks are designed to deliver reliable performance in a wide variety of circumstances, extremely hot temperatures can take a toll on your truck’s engine and prevent your vehicle from running properly. Fortunately, there are several things that you can do to keep your truck cool and ensure proper operation, no matter how high temperatures get. By following these tips for semi truck maintenance in Ocala, FL, you can ensure that your truck is running the way that it should throughout the summer:
- Maintain brakes: Your brakes serve an essential purpose when you’re on the road, and the hot weather can take a serious toll on their operation. Check your brake pads to make sure that they are still in good condition. You should also be aware of your brake fluid levels, since this fluid can evaporate in very hot weather and negatively impact the operation of your brakes.
- Check oil and coolant levels: Like brake fluid, oil and coolant also require extra observation during hot weather. You need to keep these fluids topped off, especially through the summer months, to keep your engine cool and maintain the proper functioning of your truck’s AC system.
- Keep an eye on your tires: Hot roads can put a lot of strain on tires and lead to rapid tread wear. Hot temperatures can also cause the air pressure in your tires to fluctuate, which increases the risk of a blowout while you’re driving. You can avoid complications related to damaged tires by checking your tire tread and air pressure on a regular basis. If your tread gets low, don’t hesitate to invest in new tires to ensure that you stay safe on the road.
- Inspect belts: Loose belts can prevent your engine fans and water pump from operating the way they should, and this can lead to engine overheating. In high heat, engine belts can wear out more rapidly, so it’s important to check your belts regularly over the summer months. If one of your belts is starting to wear out, you should have it replaced right away to avoid the risk of a roadside breakdown.
- Get regular maintenance: There are a lot of inspections and services that you can handle yourself, but it’s always essential to invest in regular semi truck maintenance in Ocala, FL from a professional. They will be able to check each of your truck’s systems and components to keep it performing the way it should throughout the summer months.
Schedule semi truck maintenance in Ocala, FL
To keep your truck running as efficiently and effectively as possible all year long, reach out to the team at J & M Trailer Repair for expert semi truck maintenance in Ocala, FL. Since 2002, our locally owned and operated business has been dedicated to delivering the best services possible to our customers. Our team of trained and certified technicians has the experience necessary to address a wide variety of issues to get your semi truck into optimal condition. You can reach out to us or stop by today to learn more about our services or get a quote for repairs and maintenance.
Categorised in: Semi Truck Maintenance
This post was written by writer