When you’re engaging in a long-haul drive, it’s extremely important that you stay comfortable and cool while you’re out on the road. If you’re too hot while operating your vehicle, there’s a chance that you could become distracted while driving. This could create dangerous conditions for you and everyone else sharing the road.
Modern semi trucks are equipped with high-powered air conditioning systems that keep cabins cool and comfortable in virtually any conditions—even if you’re traveling through the desert on a sunny day, you should be able to rely on your truck’s AC system to keep you cold and alert.
Unfortunately, many truck drivers overlook the importance of semi AC system maintenance in Ocala, FL. This means that their truck’s AC system could give out when they need it the most.
Fortunately, there are a few tips that you can follow that will help you maintain your truck’s AC system and keep your cabin cool and comfortable while you’re out on the open road. Here are just a few helpful maintenance points that you should keep in mind regarding semi AC system maintenance in Ocala, FL:
- Check the drive belt: Your truck relies on the drive belt to rotate the AC compressor. If the drive belt is worn or if it’s been bumped out of position, this could be causing your semi’s AC system to operate below its intended capacity, or not at all.
- Examine the compressor clutch: The compressor clutch turns on the compressor when triggered. If there isn’t enough refrigerant in your truck’s AC system, it could prevent the compressor clutch from engaging when you turn on the AC. Blown fuses and other problems can also lead to non-functioning compressor clutches.
- Look at the O-ring: If you suspect that there’s not enough refrigerant in your AC system, there’s a good chance that it’s leaking out of a damaged O-ring. Examine the O-ring for signs of damage—if it looks like it needs to be replaced, it’s usually a very easy and affordable fix.
- Repair leaking pipes: Before replacing refrigerant in your truck’s AC system, check for any potentially leaking pipes or tubes. If you fill up a leaky system with new refrigerant, you’ll be right back at the mechanic’s shop within a few weeks.
- Remove debris: If any debris has accumulated along the vent or condenser coils, clean it away. This could impact your AC system’s operations and make the compressor work harder than it might otherwise need to.
Since 2002, J & M Trailer Repair has been a trusted provider of semi AC system maintenance in Ocala, FL. We understand how important your truck is to your livelihood, and we’ll do everything in our power to ensure that you’re able to get out on the road promptly and successfully. We’re committed to ensuring our clients’ success, both on and off the road. We’ll work with you to provide your semi with the air conditioning maintenance services that you need to drive safely. Reach out to us to schedule an appointment!