When it comes to needing big rig repairs, whether they’re big or small, the truly professional people in the business know you want it done right the first time. But wading through the sea of repair providers can prove daunting. Who do you choose? Who can you trust? Here are some important things to consider when looking for a semi truck parts store in Ocala, FL for truck repairs:
- Experience in the industry: If a semi truck repair and parts shop has been in the business for at least 10 years, chances are they have a stellar reputation in the industry and the community. Experience is key in this type of business. No one wants to take their pricy rig to an inexperienced truck mechanic or someone whose heart isn’t in the work they do, just to end up with new problems. Find a shop with years of documented experience under their belt to avoid delays and additional costs to correct mistakes.
- Parts they carry: When your truck breaks down, you hold your breath and hope you get okay news from the mechanic. A worst-case scenario is being told a part needs to be ordered and it will be weeks before it arrives. Find a repair shop that maintains and carries an impressive parts inventory for heavy duty semi trucks made by known manufacturers. These are the shops that have a warehouse nearby to ensure fast service.
- Services they offer: Your semi truck is your livelihood. When you run into extended downtime, delivery deadlines are missed and money is lost. To avoid this, find a repair shop that offers an array of semi truck repair services—including clutch repairs, diesel engine rebuilds, differential repairs, transmission repairs and more—to help you now or in the future. Breakdowns happen, but a repair shop with diverse services will see to it that you’re back on the road as soon as possible.
- Roadside assistance: Look for a reputable semi truck repair shop that also offers emergency roadside assistance, including towing and mobile repairs. After all, the majority of repair needs occur unexpectedly while a driver is pulling a trailer with a delivery on board. Experienced shops that offer roadside assistance services own the right equipment for safely towing big rigs.
- Response time: No matter where your rig breaks down—whether it’s on-site, in a parking lot or on the side of the road—waiting hours or days for a response from a semi truck repair shop just won’t do. A lack of responsiveness is unprofessional. It’s important that you’re able to reach a repair shop by phone, email or in person right away.
- Customer service: A search of the internet can give you a peek into a company’s customer service skills. Read customer reviews and feedback on social media or online forums. Also, check out the shop’s website for customer testimonials.
If you are looking to work with a reputable semi truck parts store in Ocala, FL, look no further than the team at J & M Trailer Repair. Call us today to learn more about our services!
Categorised in: Truck Parts
This post was written by writer