Some of the bigger companies with bigger fleets of trucks have in-house roadside assistance and towing for their semi-trucks. But if you own a medium-sized fleet, or are an owner-operator, contracting with a company to provide roadside assistance and emergency towing is a necessity.
Your heavy-duty emergency towing company will be able to safely tow your truck back to your lot or to a mechanic you have a relationship with. This means you can get back to work faster.
Below, we will give some tips for choosing the best provider of semi truck roadside assistance in Florida:
- They offer 24/7 assistance: This one might seem obvious, but your emergency towing company needs to offer 24/7 assistance. You’re not likely to break down at the most convenient time, so you need someone that will pick you up in the middle of the night or in the middle of rush hour. A lot of people make the mistake of contracting with a company that is too small, and then they are left hanging when problems strike at the wrong times.
- They work with your insurance company: Finding a semi-truck roadside assistance company that works with your insurance is a great way to save yourself money in the long run. It also saves a lot of paperwork and bureaucratic hassle should you need to be towed. And your insurance company, as a rule of thumb, only works with reputable companies, so if a company works with your insurance, it is reasonable to assume that they are reliable.
- Their trucks can handle a fully loaded semi-truck: We don’t have too much to say about this, because any heavy-duty towing company will be able to tow your truck. This is just another cautionary reason to avoid companies that are too small. They may tell you they can handle anything you throw at them, but really only be able to handle most of it—and most, in this case, is not good enough.
- They offer billing services that make it easy to pay: If you are going to have a long relationship with the company, they should make it simple to fit the billing around your own cash flow schedule. This simple service can save a ton of stress.
- They follow stringent safety codes: One way to ensure they follow stringent safety codes is to make sure that your towing company is fully certified. Beyond this, it’s a good idea to ask questions about the most serious situations the towing company has faced in the past in order to get an understanding of how they go above and beyond to ensure the safety of everyone involved.
- They have been in business a long time: A good rule when looking to partner with any business is to make sure that they have a long track record of success. Find a company that’s been in business a long time, and odds are you have found the company that does things the right way.
J & M Trailer Repair is well known in the Ocala area as a reliable and safe provider of semi truck roadside assistance in Florida. We’ve been in business for over 15 years, and are trusted by many local businesses to keep their fleets up and running 24/7. If you are looking for a semi-truck roadside assistance provider, please give us a call today. We work with most insurance companies, and can quickly and painlessly provide you with an estimate for services.
Categorised in: Roadside Assistance
This post was written by writer