Box truck roll-up doors experience lots of abuse, wear and tear. If you have a box truck that you use frequently for commercial purposes, you may be wondering what steps you can take to increase the lifespan of your box truck roll-up doors and reduce your need to pay to repair the door on your truck. Thankfully, investing in some regularly scheduled maintenance and care, coupled with the occasional purchase of box truck parts in Marion County, FL, can help you preserve the lifespan of your vehicle.
Regularly maintaining the roll-up doors on your truck will help keep their mechanical components operating smoothly, reduce operational noise and improve your workers’ safety. There are a number of maintenance steps that you can take to improve the durability of your box truck’s roll-up doors. Here are just some of the ways that you can proactively maintain them:
- Clean them regularly: It’s extremely important to keep your roller door clean. Regularly clean the surface of the door on both sides, and clean the track and all of the mechanical components at least once a week. This will prevent a buildup of dust and debris that could cause blockages on the door’s track, resulting in substantive long-term damage down the road.
- Don’t use force: There’s nothing more frustrating than having a door that doesn’t close or open correctly. Using force to move your door, however, is almost certain to cause more harm than good. If you use force to close or open your roller door, there’s a good chance that you’ll cause long-term, permanent damage to the door or to some of its mechanical components.
- Lubricate often: You should frequently apply a specialized lubricant to your roller door to keep it running smoothly and effectively. You can find a lubricant specially formulated for your door type at a store specializing in box truck parts in Marion County, FL. Be sure not to apply too much lubricant, however—too much lubricant can attract dust, causing a clog.
- Schedule a checkup: If your door’s acting strange, you may want to consider bringing it in for a checkup at a shop that specializes in truck repair. They’ll be able to perform an analysis of your roller door, and help you determine if there’s anything that needs work.
- Replace or repair whenever necessary: While it may seem impossibly expensive at the time, replacing a broken roller door will ultimately save your company money and potentially more. Broken roller doors pose a substantial safety risk, and they may also result in lost productivity for your company. Investing in repairs and replacement when necessary is the proper and most business-savvy thing to do.
Since 2002, J & M Trailer Repair has been one of the premier providers of box truck parts in Marion County, FL. To learn more about our extensive selection of box truck components or to find out about our broad range of repair offerings, contact one of our knowledgeable and friendly representatives today.
Categorised in: Truck Parts
This post was written by writer