The one place you don’t want to be stuck on a hot summer day is in your truck with no air conditioning! Rolling the windows down gives some relief from the heat, but it’s often not enough. This post will cover a few of the signs that it’s time to get your AC serviced and you need box truck repairs in Ocala, FL:
- No air: The number one sign that you need to bring your truck in for a checkup is if no air comes out of the vents. A lack of air could be the result of a blown fuse, damaged cooling fans, a problem with the dashboard control switch or stopped-up vents. Since only a professional mechanic will be able to tell for sure, you should bring your truck in for an inspection.
- Warm air: Having some air coming from the vents is better than none at all, but it’s not very helpful if that air is warm. Warm air, or air that’s not as cool as it should be, means that your vehicle is low on refrigerant. A mechanic will need to recharge your refrigerant and search for a leak somewhere in the system.
- Foul odors: Nasty-smelling air coming from your vents makes for an unpleasant commute, even if that air is ice cold. If you smell a musty odor when the air comes on, there’s likely a buildup of mold or bacteria growing in your cooling system. If there’s a sweet smell coming from the vents, this could indicate that the coolant is leaking. In either case, you’ll need to bring your truck to an auto repair shop for an inspection and repairs.
- Banging or rattling sounds: Weird noises coming from the vents when the AC is running are nothing to ignore. These sounds could indicate that there’s some broken or loose component under the hood. Your trusted mechanic will know for sure what the problem is. Take your truck in right away, as this problem will only worsen and be more costly to repair as time goes on.
We’re your go-to team for repairs!
You can’t trust just anyone to fix your failing air conditioning system. These are the top reasons to choose J & M Trailer Repair to make all of your box truck repairs in Ocala, FL:
- Full-service company: We don’t simply take care of one aspect of your truck—we can do it all! Whatever or wherever the problem may be, our team of experts can diagnose and correct it.
- Emergency roadside assistance: Truck problems don’t just occur during standard business hours. That’s why we’re available around the clock to help you out of any sticky situation. Wherever your truck breaks down, we can come out and fix it.
Whether you need an AC tune-up, engine repairs or a brake inspection, be sure to choose J & M Trailer Repair for all of your box truck repairs in Ocala, FL. Give us a call today to set up an appointment with our professionals.
Categorised in: Semi Truck Air Conditioner Repair
This post was written by writer